We encourage you to take time and carefully read the sections below.
What personal information do we collect?
The type of personal information we collect
We ask you to provide certain personal data (i.e. name, email address, phone number) when you sign up to our newsletter, when you enter our competitions or you register interest in our service and events.
If applying for Norwich Lanes membership, we will collect personal data and business details upon application.
If registering for one of our events we will collect personal data at the point of registration such as name, organisation and email address. The data is used for event registration and on the day event administration.
We will collect records of your communication with us, such as emails, survey responses, complaints regarding our products or services, made in any form, including complaints made orally, by email, letter and/or by online contact form submissions.
How we may use your personal data
In short, we process your information to provide, improve and administer our services, communicate with you, for security and prevention and to comply with the law.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our services:
- To respond to your questions, queries or comments
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the users. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To send communications about promotions, events and competitions taking place within Norwich and the surrounding area.
What legal bases do we rely on to process your information?
It is necessary in order for us to provide you with our services, such as to fulfil our contractual obligation in providing you with our services.
If you do not provide the personal information that we request, then we will not be able to provide you with our services.
We may also have to keep such records to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosing and sharing your information
We may disclose the personal data we collect about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected, including with:
- Our service providers who perform services and process personal data on our behalf.
- If we are required to disclose personal data about you by law or legal process, in response to a request from court, law enforcement authorises, or government officials, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We have your consent or explicit consent to send you email marketing communications to keep you informed of our products and services from our companies. If you choose to receive information when booking your stay, you will then receive future information about this company.
All emails we send contain Unsubscribe and Preferences links. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will immediately remove you from our email system.
Those signed up to our mailing list will receive periodic communications about our services, special offers, competitions, and news we believe may be of interest to you.
Under the Data Protection legislation, you have a number of rights relating to the information we hold about you. This includes the right to:
- ask for a free copy of any personal data we hold about you;
- ask for correction of any inaccurate information held about you;
- object to the use of your personal data for marketing;
- withdraw any permission you have previously given to us to process your personal data except where this is critical to us fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations;
- ask for your personal data to be deleted from our system/database. Please note that there are times when we will not be able to delete your data. This may be as a result of us fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations, or where there is a minimum statutory period of time for which we have to keep your information. If we are unable to fulfil a request, we will always let you know our reasons;
- obtain, move, copy or transfer your personal information in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may ask to have your personal data transferred by us directly to the other organisation, if this is technically feasible;
- request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data, we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions (for example, processing is required by law or to prevent crime);
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are not satisfied with our use of your data (https://ico.org.uk).
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights under the Data Protection legislation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, a member of the team will be able to assist you.